The Infrared Training Center (ITC) is the world’s largest thermography training organization. Last year, ITC trained over 7,000 infrared users, making ITC the #1 choice for infrared camera users all over the globe. With hundreds of thermography courses, small class sizes and expert instructors, the ITC can provide top-notch, hands-on thermography training for large multi-national corporations or individual infrared consultants.
If your organization is ISO-certified or just committed to receiving the best thermography training available, you’ll be glad to know that the ITC is also ISO-certified! The ITC provides training for all types of infrared cameras, any make or model.
All ITC thermographers are certified against one or more of the following standards:
- EN473 recommendations for qualification and certification of non-destructive testing (NDT) personnel, as established by the European Federation and accepted by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME);
- ISO 9712 specifying proficiency in infrared thermographic testing as related to the qualification and certification of personnel involved in non-destructive testing (NDT), as established by the International Organization of Standardization (ISO) TC 135/SC 7;
- ISO 18436-8: Requirements for thermography training and certification of thermography personnel in condition monitoring and the diagnostics of machines, as established by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) TC 108/SC 5.
Level I thermographers generally follow a written test procedure to evaluate specific types of equipment in their facility. They can operate their infrared cameras and software and identify and measure thermal anomalies based on thermal patterns, comparisons with similar equipment, and their own experience.
The Level I Infrared Thermography Training Course is geared to the new infrared camera user and focuses on its use for a variety of condition monitoring/predictive maintenance applications. Attendees completing all training course requirements and a thermography field assignment will receive a Level I Infrared Thermography Certification.
Infrared Course Benefits
- Introduction to thermal imaging and measurement systems for predictive maintenance applications. No experience in thermography is necessary!
- Collect quality data, accurate temperature readings, and account for measurement effects such as distance and emissivity using infrared cameras.
- Interpret thermograms and make informed decisions using heat transfer concepts to analyze thermal images, and see the latest in infrared inspection report generation and database software.
- Avoid costly mistakes – learn to distinguish between hot spots and reflections, direct vs. indirect readings and qualitative vs. quantitative thermography.
- Challenge yourself with field applications labs that closely simulate real-world infrared applications.
Dr Ken Jackson has a PhD from the University of New South Wales in Sydney, Australia. His research there included extensive use of Infrared microscopy in the study of catalytic pathways. Dr Jackson has used and trained in Infrared and other analytical techniques for more than 20 years.
Dr Jackson is an Certified Level III Thermographer and has been running training courses in Infrared Thermography in New Zealand and Internationally since 1998
Level One Sept, 2019 dates TBA
Location: Virginia Palms Resort Corner of Zillmere & Sandgate Road, Virginia, QLD
ISO standards specify the requirements for state of the art products, services, processes, materials and systems, and for good conformity assessment, managerial and organizational practice
ISO standards are designed to be implemented worldwide
The ASNT recommended practice document is used by employers to create written practice against which they are responsible to train, examine, and certify their own employees. In contrast to the International Standards, the written practice developed is unique to a company and can not be applied globally
A valid certificate in accordance with SNT-TC-1A would be issued by the employer, not a training body
The ITC is an Accredited Training Organisation in conformance with BINDT BS EN ISO 9001:2000 (certificate issued 25 May 2006)
The ITC Level 1 course is validated against the BINDT requirements for the structured training of condition monitoring practices
ITC Sweden is an Approved Examination Centre for ISO 18436 Condition Monitoring qualification examinations (certificate 0021 issued 24 May 2006)
ITC Sweden is the exam deliverer and approval authority in conformance to ISO17024 for Det Norske Veritas Certification AS with specification ZNWNO 5-420-pers-TR-1 (15 March 2007)
ITC Business is operated, managed and updated in accordance to ISO 9001 and ISO 18436 with normative reference ISO 17024